Install Prism 5 under macOS
- Get the .iso file from the HU-smb-share.
- Mount the .iso file (double click) and then mount the .dmg file inside of it.
- Double click the Prism-installer (.pkg) and click through the installer.
- When the installer sucessfully finished start the program:
Terminal with the help of the Spotlight (search). Type:
su your_admin_name (replace your_admin_name with your actual name of an administrator account. For example:
su laura. If you are not sure how your name is spelled, copy this into the
Terminal and hit enter:
dscl . list /Users | grep -v '^_'). Then hit enter and enter your password. You will not see yourself typing. Hit Enter.
- Now enter into the Terminal:
sudo su, hit enter and type your password again.
- If everything went fine you should see a
# at the beginning of the Terminal-input. If not just close the
Terminal repeat the process.
- Now enter:
/Applications/Prism\ 5/Prism.app/Contents/MacOS/Prism (The path to the Prism binary-file) and hit enter.
- Prism will now start in admin-mode, enter the serial-number which you find inside of the mounted .iso (not .dmg). Enter a name and instituation with at least 5 characters (it doesn’t matter what you enter).
- Close Prism and start it again.